Can’t Activate Tan Tan Flickr Manager – Flickr Photo Album plugin for wordpress

So here’s the scoop… If you are having issues with not being able to “activate”  Tan Tan Flickr Manager - Flickr Photo Album plugin for wordpress

Flickr Photo Album plugin fix:

If you are like most people using this plugin, it breaks after wordpress version 3.0.2… so running this plugin becomes an issue on 3.0.2, 3.0.3, or 3.0.4 …you have likely had issues with this plugin “activating”.

In the plugin folder I deleted this around line 15 of /flickr/class-admin.php:

add_action(‘admin_menu’, array(&$this, ‘addhooks’));
add_action(‘activate_tantan-flickr/flickr.php’, array(&$this, ‘activate’));
add_action(‘deactivate_tantan-flickr/flickr.php’, array(&$this, ‘deactivate’));
add_action(‘load-upload.php’, array(&$this, ‘addPhotosTab’));

and added in its place:

add_action(‘admin_menu’, array(&$this, ‘addhooks’));
//add_action(‘activate_tantan-flickr/flickr.php’, array(&$this, ‘activate’));
register_activation_hook(__FILE__, array(&$this, ‘activate’));
//add_action(‘deactivate_tantan-flickr/flickr.php’, array(&$this, ‘deactivate’));
register_deactivation_hook(__FILE__, array(&$this, ‘deactivate’));
add_action(‘load-upload.php’, array(&$this, ‘addPhotosTab’));

fixed class-admin.php file download

photoalbum-album.html Issue Fix

Then I ran into an issue with the “photoalbum-album.html” file that the plugin places into your wordpress theme’s home directory. The default file has some rem’d out code that made the album pages on my site blow up. The wordpress theme’s header would load, then the rest of the page was blank. A “view source” revealed an error something like this “<b>Parse error</b>:  syntax error, unexpected T_GLOBAL in… on line 2″

I checked the “photoalbum-album.html” file for errors and discovered the extra lines of code inside the <?php tags… I removed them and away it went… just like new… hooray!

photoalbum-album.html fix - remove these lines of code

Remove This

photoalbum-album.html file download

Please feel free to post comments if you continue to have issues or if you have found something in my hacks that do not work. I found these by google’ing around for about 30 minutes after my programmers spent 2 hours on it and could not fix it.

Cheers!

roope

January 13, 2011 25 Comments
  • Delicious
  • Facebook
  • Digg
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon
  • Twitter

25 Comments

• Kat @ iRant iRave says: March 1, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Thanks very much for this fix. Uploaded the two files and it now works perfectly.

• Tom Rush says: March 3, 2011 at 2:13 am

Thanks very much for that! worked a treat.

• roopedog says: March 3, 2011 at 8:18 am

No problem… I was just trying to combine both issues that I ran into… in one spot.

It took me a while to track down those issues/fixes, so I thought i’d save some people some time.

Glad it worked for you too!

…that will be $50… thanks :-)

• calbenido says: March 9, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Moltes gràcies!
    Ets el meu salvador. :) )))

• Maria says: March 23, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Tried to update that and still not getting a Fix.

Did i miss a step?

• roopedog says: March 24, 2011 at 5:15 am

hey maria!

Your issue looks a little different… your issue looks like it’s related the imageFlow wordpress plugin.

The first line where your page blows up is:
    Warning: opendir(./imgflow/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/somebodi/public_html/wp-content/themes/sdttheme/videopage.php on line 121

without knowing what exactly you have going on… I would start with that plugin.

Maybe double check the installation… and double check the version of wordpress you are running is compatible with that plugin…. etc… all the basics when dealing with plugins… http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/nextgen-imageflow/installation/

• psaico says: March 28, 2011 at 10:15 am

i have a problem with this plugin…
    i can get the photos from the flickr set but the links are not ok

here’s a link http://psaico.info/2011/03/28/photo-walk-ul-de-duminica/

i have another site where this plugin works.. http://www.clujlife.com/2011/03/27/poze-persona-booha-bar/

can i get some help? thanks

• roopedog says: March 30, 2011 at 12:50 pm

not sure… that plugin sucks in my opinion.

That issue looks a lot like the issue I had with photoalbum-album.html did you try to fix that file?

• psaico says: March 30, 2011 at 1:42 pm

of course. didn`t worked :(

• Luc Latulippe says: April 27, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Bravo! Thanks!

• Scott Gould says: June 1, 2011 at 4:25 am

Fixed!

Thanks for this roope – legend!

• roopedog says: June 1, 2011 at 7:51 am

That Tan Tan Flickr Issue was a pain… and the fixes that worked for me were super scattered. I’m glad it helped out :)

• alessio says: June 8, 2011 at 12:14 pm

..my hero! :D

• Karen says: July 6, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Thanks for this fix:)

• Karen says: July 6, 2011 at 12:14 pm

thanks for this fix :)

• Cynthia says: November 4, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Thanks so much for providing this fix. Now it works! This is the best Flickr plugin and I’ve been searching for another one to replace it but couldn’t find anything else like it. My host worries about using an old plugin that may have security flaws in it. Does anyone know if this plugin has any security flaws I need to worry about?

• roopedog says: November 4, 2011 at 3:44 pm

I had the same thing going on… she LOVED that functionality and i COULD NOT find any other plugins like this one. I can’t speak to security holes though… i’m sure there are, but I’m not so sure ANY of the 3rd party plugins are all that air tight :-D

• Laura says: November 14, 2011 at 4:00 pm

I just downloaded and installed a self-hosted wordpress, and want to use the Flickr Photo Album plugin. I did the first part of the fix above: Flickr Photo Album plugin fix, and the plugin would let me activate it, but I still can’t configure it. It says I don’t have permission to edit it. Help? Thank you!

• Nicola says: January 12, 2012 at 3:27 am

Worked for me!! I wish they would maintain this plugin though, its a perfect example of something which is actually useful. Im off to enjoy it now thanks to you!! :-)

• JoP says: January 24, 2012 at 9:23 am

Thanks, it works perfectly..

• Rosi G. says: March 12, 2012 at 9:47 am

Hi, there. I’m trying to get the flickr menu button to work on my Post Editing page again. I did your class-admin page fix but it didn’t work. :-( any other tips?

• Shay says: March 16, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Howdy!
    I managed to fix the activation issue from your post, however, I don’t see the second file you are talking about. I am in my theme’s folder, and I don’t see anything with that name.

My issues are:

1) The page I indicated that I wanted the galleries to show up on does not appear in my menu.

2) The gallery pages all mess with my footer. Basically it is a fixed width footer, and on any page where a gallery appears, the footer expands to fill the entire browser window’s width.

Any ideas? Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

• roopedog says: May 11, 2012 at 8:50 am

Hosting companies all have their various server configs and it’s hard to say what they are doing as far as file permissions, htaccess rules, etc. if it’s locking you out, you prob need to just ftp the files down to your computer… then, upload to the server. Have you tried that?

• karen says: August 2, 2012 at 4:53 pm

I am having another issues on top of the fixes you provided (which worked great thanks!)
    When I click to configure the plugin, it says: You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.

Any thoughts?

• roopedog says: August 26, 2012 at 2:12 pm

I did run into that at one point, it seems like it was an easy thing. You can try this: (a couple of posts with updates to the FILE: tantan-flickr/flickr/class-admin.php)

…but, i don’t remember if this was the one that worked for me or not… BACKUP your stuff before trying it :)